- This event has passed.
Dry Cargo Trading & Chartering
March 14 @ 9:00 AM - March 15 @ 4:00 PM WAT
The Nigerian Chamber of Shipping in accordance with its aims and objectives strives to encourage, position and empower members, new entrants and key players in the Maritime/Shipping industry to take full advantage of opportunities created by its capacity building program.
Provides basic and advanced knowledge of various aspects of commercial, legal and practical shipping operations.
- Dr. Oluwole Akinyeyi – Head, Maritime Unit, Olisa Agbakoba Legal
- Dr. Eugene Nweke – Former President, National Association of Government Approved Freight Forwarders (NAGAFF)
- Introduction to World Trade: Emerging trends in global trade, Cargo types and Ship types.
- Letters of Credit & INCOTERMS
- Contract terms: The Law of Carriage of Goods by Sea (Ratification and Enforcement Act) 2005.
- Cargo Insurance.
- Cargo description, Cargo measurements, Shortages.
- Voyage Estimating. Laytime and Demurrage
- Dispute Resolution Methods
Participants will have a clearer understanding of dry bulk cargo operations, chartering and how trading impacts shipping.
We implore you to take advantage of this opportunity for you and your members of staff.