The Nigerian Chamber of Shipping in accordance with its aims and objectives strives to encourage, position and empower members, new entrants and key players in the Maritime/Shipping industry to take full advantage of opportunities created by its capacity building program.
This course explains the various types of chartering, the standard charter parties and stages of chartering, from the negotiation of terms to the delivery of goods.
Who Can Attend?
This course is designed for vessel owners or operators, importers, exporters, agents, brokers or traders who require an overview of the chartering field. Accountants, lawyers, consultants, and students have traditionally enrolled in the course to aid them in their related work.
- Chartering: Background, Legal Framework and an Introduction to Charter Negotiations
- Owners and Charterers: Basic Responsibilities under Time Charter/Voyage Charter
- Glossary of Chartering Terms and Expressions
- Chartering Brokers & Their Functions
- Agency/Ship Agents
- Types of Ships & Their Characteristics
- Commodities & Cargo Considerations
- Charter Party Forms and Clauses; Also an Introduction to Sale and Purchase Forms
- Laytime and Demurrage/Despatch
- Voyage Estimating
- Admiralty Law and Arbitration
- Freight Derivatives
We implore you to take advantage of this opportunity for you and your members of staff.
Course Fee: Available on Request.
Date: 20th – 21st June, 2019
Duration: 2 Days.
Venue: Canton Concourse, 12 Land Bridge Avenue, Oniru Estate, Victoria-Island, Lagos.
We look forward to seeing you!
For more inquiries call +234 817 369 3313, +234 704 632 2261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org